Graphic Design Intern
Bridal Team is looking for an enthusiastic and talented intern to join our team. BridalTeam.com is a wedding planning website which provides step-by-step guidance on how to plan a wedding. The incumbent need not be an expert but must have intermediate graphic design skills in order to set and obliterate personal goals they will set during this internship program. This is an unpaid, remote opportunity in which you will receive academic credit for your work.
The core function of this internship is to design eye-catching visual content for the Bridal Team website. The incumbent will support the digital marketing strategy from a visual perspective. The right candidate has a good eye for aesthetic and knows how to design compelling content, too. You must be willing to collaborate with Content and Email Marketers in order complete your weekly assignments.
• Design infographics and other visual assets for the website, online ads, blogs, and social media posts;
• Build and organize a visual asset library;
• Modify existing graphics and create new media from scratch;
• Learn and exercise media policies, such as copyright and licensing rules;
• Participate in weekly department meetings (three times a week);
• Other duties as assigned.
• Beginner skills Adobe Illustrator or Dream Weaver
• Intermediate skills with Adobe Photoshop or an equivalent
• Basic knowledge or experience with HTML, CSS, XHTML, PHP, or Java Script is a plus
• Currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program at an accredited institution
• Classes in graphic design (transcript will be requested) OR verifiable experience in graphic design (paid/unpaid experience will suffice, and a portfolio will be requested)
• Ability to work 15 hours a week, including online meetings
To apply, send your resume and answers to careers at bridalteam.com
1. How can visual media help a website?
2. Tell us what you wish to gain from this experience. What is your goal for this internship?
3. Here is an opportunity to brag about your accomplishments. What sets you apart from other candidates? What value can you bring to the table?
4. This role is perfect for someone lives for design. Do you have a portfolio that shows off your skills?
5. Are there any other skills that you are interested in?
6. Is there anything else you want us to know?